Info For Patients and Families
When you are diagnosed with a life limiting illness, it can be a rollercoaster of emotions for you, your family, friends and loved ones. Suddenly your weeks are filled with Doctors appointments, visits to hospitals and worrying about your condition. At Hospice, we believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and offered the care and support they deserve.
We work closely with healthcare professionals in your area including GPs, Hospital Consultants, District Nurses, Macmillan Nurses and other healthcare workers. When you receive a diagnosis, speak to your GP to see what support is available to you. They may refer you for additional specialist palliative care at Hospice alongside the care you are already receiving.
Your GP will also be able to refer you to Hospice for additional information which may be of use to you, this may include information services about your illness, financial benefits you may be entitled to, support groups and counselling.
We have a range of services available to assist you and your family including:
- Our In-Patient Unit where you can receive 24hour care
- Day Hospices in Newry and Dungannon
- Out-Patient Clinics in Newry, Craigavon and Dungannon
- Specialist Palliative Care Team in Daisy Hill and Craigavon Area Hospitals
- Bereavement Support Services to you and your family
- The Donaldson Counselling and Therapy Centre
- Dungannon Resource Centre
- Chaplaincy support
- Complementary Therapies
For more information or to talk to us in confidence, telephone Eilish Courtney on (028) 302 67711 or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org