Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions 2022
- These terms and conditions outline the Southern Area Hospice ‘Win a Car’ draw rules. By entering the Southern Area Hospice ‘Win a Car’ draw all entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- The Promoter
- The promotor is Southern Area Hospice Services, St. John’s House, 3 Courtenay Hill Newry, BT34 2EA. T: 028 30267711 E: email@example.com
- The Prize
- The prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable.
- There will be one winner of a brass-coloured Hyundai i10 car for the 1st prize winner and no cash alternative will be offered.
- 1st Prize winner will also receive free car insurance up to the value of £500 for one year. No cash alternative will be offered. Southern Area Hospice will pay chosen insurer directly. See section 4 for terms and conditions.
- The winner of the car will be responsible for and will bear any costs associated with registering, taxing, and insuring the car.
- £500 towards a year’s car Insurance Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this part of the prize draw is NFU Mutual Northern Ireland region with the NFU Mutual Dungannon & Cookstown, Markethill, Armagh, Portadown and Banbridge & Lisburn offices and referred to throughout as NFU Mutual as an appointed representative of The National Farmers Union Mutual Insurance Society Limited (“NFU Mutual”) (company number 111982) whose registered office address is Tiddington Road, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, England CV37 7BJ.
- NFU Mutual as sponsors for the Southern Area Hospice Car Competition are providing a contribution to car insurance up to the value of £500 for one year only for the 1st prize car competition winner for a Hyundai i10.
- The winner can take out car insurance from a provider of their choice but NFU Mutual are happy to provide a quote (subject to acceptance criteria) The £500 will be paid directly to the insurer by Southern Area Hospice.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of the car to pay any difference in price for the car insurance if it exceeds the value of £500.
- The Southern Area Hospice and NFU Mutual take no responsibility for any money discrepancies regarding this.
- The car insurance transaction must be completed, and an insurance policy taken out and the winner is to provide the policy details when they take delivery of the car
- Once the winner is chosen, they will be contacted by Southern Area Hospice to arrange transfer of the £500 contribution to the insurer of your choice.
- If the Southern Area Hospice is unable to contact the winner in regard to organising insurance, then the winner risks forfeiting the £500 contribution
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The closing date for draw entries via online is 9pm on Wednesday 2nd November 2022. Entries received online after this time will not be entered into the draw and the payment will be assumed as a donation to Southern Area Hospice Services. Physical ticket entries can be purchased and included right up until draw time in Buttercrane Shopping Centre. All postal tickets are to be returned no later than 31st October 2022.
- The Southern Area Hospice Car draw will take place on Saturday 5th November 2022 at 5pm at Buttercrane Shopping Centre, Newry.
- If for any reason it is necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to change the closing date and the draw date for the draw. If the Promoter does change the closing date or draw date of the draw, the new details will be displayed on the website.
- An application for draw entry may be declined for any reason at the discretion of the promoter.
- Entering the car draw does not mean you are entered into any other lottery/raffle/draw run by the Southern Area Hospice.
- One entry into the draw costs £1.
- All funds generated by the draw will go towards funding the work of Southern Area Hospice Services.
- To enter via the online entry route, you must:
- Go to the website www.southernareahospiceservices.org/competition and select the draw you want to enter;
- To enter via the direct mailing entry route, you must:
- Return the entry form and tickets you received via the post
- Return your payment of a minimum £1 donation (1 entry)
- Entries sent by post must be posted to the relevant postal address no later than Monday 31st October 2022
- To enter via the telephone entry route, you must:
- Ring the Southern Area Hospice Fundraising Department on 028 3026 7711;
- Make your donation by giving your card details over the phone (Minimum £1 – 1 Entry).
- Choosing a winner
- The draw will take place at Buttercrane Shopping Centre, Newry at approximately 5pm on Saturday 5th November 2022 in the presence of representatives of the charity and an independent verifier, not connected with the society.
- All entrants from all the entry routes will be placed into the draw.
- All eligible entries (online, direct mailing, telephone & physical tickets) names will be put into a tombola and the winner will be picked at random. The name drawn will be the winner of the prize.
- The decision of the promoter is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The winner of the Southern Area Hospice Win a Car Draw will be notified in person, by telephone, email or by letter at the promoter’s earliest convenience.
- If a prize winner cannot be contacted or is not available within a reasonable time (maximum 2 weeks from first attempt to contact by promotor) using the contact details provided (postal address/email address/telephone number), another winner will be drawn.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity with Southern Area Hospice, their charity sponsors Saltmarine Cars & NFU Mutual. These organisations reserve the right to use the name, town, and photograph of the winner in any publicity unless prior notification has been received, without identifying an address.
- The winner must claim the prize personally. The prize must not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf.
- The prize must be collected from Saltmarine, Dungannon. The promoter or any associated third parties will not deliver the prize. The winner will bear any costs associated with collecting the prize or arranging delivery.
- Cancellation of Entry and Refunds
- All draw entries are final and no refunds for the entry fee will be made at any time under any circumstances.
- All entrants acknowledge that their payment to enter the draw does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- The promotor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
- The Southern Area Hospice shall not be liable to the entrant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery method used by the Southern Area Hospice or the entrant or any other event beyond the reasonable control of the Southern Area Hospice.
- The promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury, or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize.
- The draw is open to all residents in UK and Ireland aged 16 years or over.
- The promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
- Players Responsibility
- All entrants are solely responsible to provide the promoter with their accurate and up-to-date contact details. The promoter will in no way be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided.
- In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising the promoter of the change.
- Data Protection:
- Records of draw entrants’ details will be retained by the promoter for at least three years.
- By entering the draw, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the draw entry may be held and used by the promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the draw.
- If you are the winner of the draw, you agree that the promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this draw. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the promoter.
- Please note that the promoter does not swap or sell details to any third parties. For further information please see our privacy notice on our website.
- Complaints Procedure:
- Any complaints relating to the Southern Area Hospice Car Raffle should be sent in writing to the Director of Income Generation at Southern Area Hospice giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will be available on the website.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the draw and any future draws.
- The promotor reserves the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.