Volunteers assist staff in a series of roles including:
- Reception duties: Answering the phone, general reception duties. Greeting visitors, some administrative duties.
- In-patient unit (Wards) over 18 only: Assist staff with non nursing duties in the in-patient unit and day unit
- Day Hospice- This involves befriending patients, helping with lunches and assisting the nursing team with general day – to day duties of the unit.
- Drivers (Newry & Dungannon): Collecting of post and prescriptions or collecting patients for day unit and return to home.
- Therapists- qualified reflexologists, beauticians, and alternative therapists. Our patients benefit so much from these treatments.
- Lottery – Once a month selling lotto tickets at various venues.
- Fundraising – This is one of the roles were you can help as little or a much as you like. Some of the ways you can help are:
- Assisting with events e.g. marshalling at sporting events, assisting with registrations
- Street collections / selling tickets
- Music events / Dances