Volunteers assist staff in a series of roles including:
- Reception duties – Volunteers Greet visitors, answer phones, take messages & organise post.
- In-patient unit (Wards) over 18 only – helping to serve refreshments and chatting to patients and assisting the nursing team.
- Day Hospice- This involves befriending patients, helping with lunches and assisting the nursing team with general day – to day duties of the unit.
- Drivers – Provide transport and support for patients going to and from the Hospice or hospital appointments. Also drivers for postal, hospital and pharmacy runs.
- Therapists- qualified reflexologists, beauticians, and alternative therapists. Our patients benefit so much from these treatments.
- Lottery – Once a month selling lotto tickets at various venues.
- Shops- We have shops in Banbridge, Newry & Rathfriland – Shop volunteers will always find plenty to do. Working as part of a team you will be involved in customer service, sales and till duties.
- Hospice Café – Our café is 100% reliant on volunteers and provides a time out for families and friends. Volunteers serve food and refreshments.
- Fundraising – This is one of the roles were you can help as little or a much as you like. Some of the ways you can help are:
- Assisting with events e.g. marshalling at sporting events, assisting with registrations
- Truck runs, tractor runs, and Threshing days\
- Street collections / raffle tickets\
- Fashion shows
- Music events / Dances
For further information contact the Voluntary Service Department via telephone on (028) 3026 7711 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org